3D Printing Technician: 2nd Shift (Nights + Wknds)
Voodoo Manufacturing is building a digital factory to make manufacturing as fast, affordable, and scalable as software. Our Brooklyn-based factory of 200+ 3D printers can make thousands of plastic parts and products in astonishingly short periods of time. We are making manufacturing more accessible by helping companies and individuals bridge the gap between prototyping and high-volume production. Our customers include Intel, Universal Studios, SyFy Channel, Autodesk, Viacom, Mattel, and many more. We are well-funded by top-notch investors including Y Combinator (W17 batch), General Catalyst, and KPCB Edge, and are focused on building an elite team as we scale the company over the coming years.
Every day you will be responsible for the entire manufacturing lifecycle of orders that come through our doors - from file preparation to printing, post-processing, packaging and shipping. Each day brings new projects, new customers, and new challenges. You are the type of person who enjoys being intellectually challenged, solving problems quickly, and being deeply involved in our mission to build an automated factory on top of 3D printing.
Come join us as we continue to build our exciting, fast-moving New York startup!
3D Printing Technician
, you are ultimately responsible for:
- Operating our factory of 200+ 3D printers.
- Working on new and ongoing customer projects from planning to execution.
- Preparing 3D models for printing.
- Harvesting, cleaning, assessing quality, assembling, finishing, packaging and shipping prints.
- Conducting regular and preventative maintenance on the factory’s 3D printers and other equipment.
- Performing work in a safe manner and adhere to safety programs, processes, and procedures.
- Contributing to the improvement of internal automation tools, software, and factory processes.
- Working to continuously guarantee and improve customer satisfaction.
- Contributing to our company culture.
- At least a high school diploma but no more than an Associate’s Degree in a technical field or 1- 2 years experience in manufacturing, engineering, design, art, or similar fields.
- Career or hobby experience working with your hands, tools, and machinery.
- Experience with and general knowledge of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Proficient use of measurement tools such as calipers and micrometer.
- Intellectual curiosity and flexibility.
- Team-oriented attitude and strong ability to collaborate with others.
- Current authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis. This position is based in Brooklyn, NY and is not considered a remote work opportunity.
- Familiarity with 3D design and/or 3D printing
- Understanding or working knowledge of lean manufacturing and quality systems
- Experience with finishing techniques (i.e. sanding, spray painting, resin dipping, etc.)
- Experience in a customer-facing role
How to Apply
If you're interested in this position, send an email to
with your resume and a note about the position you're applying for.
We welcome people of any gender, race, ethnicity, age, nationality, sexual orientation, or any other self-identified group.
Working at Voodoo Manufacturing is awesome. On top of working on neat projects, we also provide the following!
Unlimited 3D Printing
Flexible Time Off
Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
Puppy Friendly Workplace
401(k) with Company Matching
Annual Company Retreat
Monthly Team Events