WORK AT VOODOO MANUFACTURING
Machine Learning Engineer
We are looking for an ambitious Machine Learning Engineer to start using our growing collection of 3D meshes to automate manual factory tasks. In this role, you will start with no existing machine learning infrastructure, and will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining a model that maps 3D meshes to a 3D rotation vector. Infrastructure and feature engineering for this problem should translate well to future models. You will be the first machine learning expert at the company, and as such, you will work directly with the CTO to continue to identify opportunities and implement systems to move our factory towards complete automation.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is motivated, understands the resource limits of a start-up, and can drive entire projects from start to finish.
- Designing and building an infrastructure for evaluating machine learning models
- Engineering a suitable feature set for building solutions to a number of different processes based on 3D data
- Implementing and improving machine learning models that transform 3D data into real manufacturing solutions
- Masters or higher in Math/Physics/CS
- 3+ years of professional experience building production-grade machine learning models
- Experience applying Deep Learning techniques to a 3D data set (including 3D CNNs)
- Experience using autoencoders to reduce input dimensionality
- Curiosity, intellectual flexibility, and a desire to learn and grow
- Current authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- You have experience with computational geometry or 3D triangulated meshes
- You are familiar with 3D printing
- Company equity
- Company subsidized medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- Strong snack game
- Access to all the 3D printing you could ever want (great for gifts and personal projects!)
- Flexible vacation policy - work hard, relax hard
- Located in the heart of East Williamsburg
Voodoo Manufacturing is building a digital factory to make manufacturing as fast, affordable, and scalable as software. Our Brooklyn-based factory of 160 3D printers can make thousands of plastic parts and products in astonishingly short periods of time. We are making manufacturing more accessible by helping companies and individuals bridge the gap between prototyping and high-volume production. Our customers include Intel, Universal Studios, SyFy Channel, Autodesk, Viacom, Mattel, and many more. We are well-funded by top-notch investors including Y Combinator (W17 batch), General Catalyst, and KPCB Edge, and are focused on building an elite team as we scale the company over the coming years.
More than anything, we want you to be someone who is passionate about Voodoo’s mission, takes pride in your work, and is genuinely excited to come into the office and work hard.
If you're excited about our mission, please get in touch with us at email@example.com!
We welcome people of any gender, race, ethnicity, age, nationality, sexual orientation, or any other self-identified group.